Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gratitude for experiences in Texas

I want to thank all the wonderful people I met - and those I already knew - in Houston and New Braunfels this February and March. I spoke at churches, a school, on radio and with individuals.

Greta Browne and Pat Estes at the Unitarian Universalist Society in New Braunfels, TX

I visited a permaculture garden, two farmers markets, and a City of Houston green energy center for builders. I met people who ride their bicycles everywhere, people who've built their homes with many sustainable features. and people who garden extensively and wisely. I met people who dedicate their lives to greening their cities and keeping their watersheds healthy, and radio reporters who go out of their way to get good environmental news on their shows. I met teachers and a principal who teach environmental wisdom to young children.

Upon my return to Bethlehem I realize that I am inspired and energized by these experiences. Thanks, everyone, and thanks to my sister who hosted me and helped make all this possible.

Greta

1 comment:

Greta said...

I wish I could read this. Maybe I can find someone to traslate!